- A how to about mike touring
- A collection of my own tours and rides (always a work in-progress)
- A training record
- A guide to bike set ups and gear
- Information on what you can do with a bike (pretty much anything)
|Test run 2 weeks before my first bike tour|
Biking has several positive benefits;
- You don't spend money on gas
- You don't need a car (no matter how much you think you do)
- You don't have any of the associated motoring expenses
- It is a free fitness work out / gym membership
- It is great for the environment (this was the initial reason I started biking again)
- You get to see tons of stuff you otherwise wouldn't
- A great sense of achievement after every goal
- The look on people's faces when they say you road how far ???? !!!! - is priceless!
|Mountains 10 miles west of Genoa, Italy|
In this blog I will cover how to prepare for a bike tour, what bike gear to use and how to set it up, how to train and what works for different types of riding and just general coverage on my own rides.
In here you will find information on the following things I have done and what I have planned
- My 2011 Europe Alpine bike tour - my first bike tour!
- My 2011 UK Bedford to Harwhich and back 200 Mile round trip in one day
- My first 100 Mile ride from Bedford to Oxford, England and back (your first century means a lot!)
- Up and coming 135 Mile Arrowhead, MN, USA snow race ..... in preparation and training for
- Iditarod Trail (Alaska, USA) 350 Mile snow race
|Bikes at Zurich, Switzerland Airport|